A 7-Day Online Mindfulness Householder’s Retreat:
Bringing Mindfulness into Everyday Life in times of Uncertainty
with Bob Stahl
14 - 20 June 2020
This retreat meets the pre-requisites to complete the MBSR teacher training program as well as Module 3 for the MBCT training by OMC.
This online householder mindfulness meditation retreat will be a time to practice together and bring your practice into everyday life in times of uncertainty. Each day there will be an instructional meditation with a short talk and q & a. These practices and teachings will emphasize steadying the mind, opening the heart, and developing our practice into our daily lives.
Dates: 14 – 20 June
Times: 6pm – 8pm (GMT+1 LISBON)
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Bob Stahl, PhD, has founded eight Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programs in medical centers in the SF Bay Area and is currently offering programs at Dominican Hospital, El Camino Hospitals in Los Gatos and Mt. View, and Good Samaritan Hospital. He serves as a Senior Teacher for Brown University Mindfulness Center and the Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Bob teachers MBSR Teacher Trainings and Insight Meditation retreats worldwide and is the guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock. He is coauthor of 5 books: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, LivingWith Your Heart Wide Open,Calming the Rush of Panic, AMindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook for Anxiety, and MBSR Everyday.
For Dharma Talks with Bob Stahl follow the link: https://www.dharmaseed.org/teacher/268/
150 euros (participants registering in individual name)
150 euros + 23% IVA (for participants registering through companies)
- You will need to have a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and which has enough room for you to be able to stand and stretch or lie down for some of the practices
- Participation will be via your computer (Windows Mac or Linux) with interactive audio, video and chat. This online course requires high speed Internet access and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate equipment and Internet connection
- Technical requirements:
High-speed internet connection
Video cam (built-in or external)
Audio microphone (built-in or external)
- It is the participant’s responsibility to complete the required technical tests on their computer and to test the Internet connection they will be using throughout the course. For those participants who plan to participate from the workplace, please note that it might be necessary to involve your IT department or consultant to determine how to meet the following technical requirements.
Please complete all the following steps to ensure you can successfully join the online course .
Download Zoom (video conference program) by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/download
Click here for a PDF on how to install Zoom
Ensure you have operational headphones/earphones – required to limit feedback
Test your headphones/earphones with the computer you will be using
Test your camera and microphone by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/test
The limit date for registration is the 10th June of 2020. After this date we won’t accept any further registrations.
The number of places is limited, so we advise your registration as soon as possible.
To register in the retreat:
To register in the course:
- Make the payment of the value of the retreat: 442 euros (normal rate) or 360 euros (Financial Difficulties) + 23% IVA/VAT (for participants registering through companies)
- Payment can be completed via:
- Bank Transference
IBAN: PT50 0035 0158 00018441030 71
BIC SWIFT: CGDIPTPL
BANK: CAIXA GERAL DE DEPÓSITOS (CGD)
- PAYPAL using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Note for payments via PAYPAL you should add 3% to the cost of the Training to cover transaction fees charged by paypal
- After completing the payment please dend an email to email@example.com with the name and date of the event you want to register with the proof of payment from your bank or paypal. If further details are needed for international payments please send us an email. (Payments via Credit Card available soon)
- After the reception of your email we will send you a reply confirming your place in the program and with information relating to the program including the ZOOM link to enter the virtual retreat class will be send closer to the program. If you don't receive our reply please contact us.
- If your retreat is canceled until the 15th of April you will receive a full reimbursement of the retreat minus an administration fee of 50 euros plus fee for the international bank transference. After this date we won’t make any reimbursements.
- If the event is canceled due to an unexpected reason, Ser Integral: Centro Português de Mindfulness, will provide a reimbursement of 100% of the value paid for the retreat, but we won’t be responsible for any other costs (i.e., travelling and accommodation) associated with your participation in the retreat.
- The retreat will occur with a minimum and maximum number of participants (limited places available). In the eventuality of the retreat not having the minimum registrations established Se Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will have to cancel the event.
- Please you need to have confortable clothing, a meditation cushion/chair, yoga mat and blankets for your own comfort.
- The program is subject to minor changes according to the needs met during the retreat.
Our events are displayed on Eventslist.org