An Online 5-Day Silent Mindfulness Retreat
with Melissa Blacker and David Rynick
24 - 29 October 2020
This retreat meets the pre-requisites to complete the MBSR teacher training program and Module 3 of MBCT at Oxford Mindfulness Center
This online meditation retreat will be led by Melissa Blacker and David Rynick, both internationally renowned mindfulness teachers.
Refresh and deepen your personal meditation practice in this silent retreat exploring the Seven Qualities of Awakening. The Seven Qualities (mindfulness, curiosity, energy, joy, calm, concentration and equanimity) are described in the final section of the Buddhist teachings on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness (Satipatthana), which form the basis of modern mindfulness-based interventions.
Developing a lived experience of these qualities enhances our capacity to meet everyone and everything with kindness, clarity and balance.
We will meet together online for two hours every day. During this time Melissa and David will lead you through talks, group inquiry and silent meditation. In between online sessions, you will be encouraged to integrate and explore these traditional mindfulness teachings in your daily life and personal practice.
Melissa and David bring their experience in both mindfulness-based interventions and the Zen Buddhist tradition to this retreat. Their commitment to waking up to life fully, their compassionate stance as teachers and their playfulness and humor create an atmosphere of deep practice that is essential for encountering the true nature of the heart-mind.
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Melissa Myozen Blacker, MA, was an MBSR teacher and director of programs at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, USA, from 1993 to 2013. She is a fully transmitted Zen teacher (Roshi), and co-founder, guiding teacher and Abbot of Boundless Way Zen, a multi-lineage Zen community in New England. She is co-editor of The Book of Mu: Essential Teachings on Zen’s Most Famous Koan.
David Dae An Rynick, PCC, MALS, in addition to being a fully transmitted Zen teacher, is the Abbot of Boundless Way Temple and a life and leadership coach. He works with individuals in the US and UK to help them clarify what is truly important so that they can take action to align their lives more fully with their deepest dreams. He is the author of This Truth Never Fails: A Zen Memoir in Four Seasons. ick, PCC, MALS, in addition to being a fully transmitted Zen teacher, is the Abbot of Boundless Way Temple and a life and leadership coach. He works with individuals in the US and UK to help them clarify what is truly important so that they can take action to align their lives more fully with their deepest dreams. He is the author of This Truth Never Fails: A Zen Memoir in Four Seasons.
Interviews with Melissa Blacker and David Rynick:
Podcast teachings with Melissa Blacker and David Rynick here: https://worcesterzen.org/
Youtube Channel of Boundless Way Zen Temple: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0fvFY-yTyMIgT1f8AKb4w
Dates: 24 - 29 October 2020
Times: 6pm – 8pm (GMT+1 LISBON)
150 euros (participants registering in individual name)
150 euros + 23% VAT (for participants registering through companies)
The limit date for registration is the 17th September of 2020. After this date we won’t accept any further registrations.
The number of places is limited, so we advise your registration as soon as possible.
To register in the retreat:
- Make the payment of the value of the retreat: 150 euros (participants registering in individual name) or 150 euros + 23% VAT (for participants registering through companies)
- Payment can be completed bank transference using the:
IBAN: PT50 0035 0158 00018441030 71
BIC SWIFT: CGDIPTPL
BANK: CAIXA GERAL DE DEPÓSITOS (CGD)
(for international bank transferences you may need extra information than that provided above. Please get in touch with us via email to email@example.com to obtain this information. Thank you.)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and date of the event you want to register and the bank statement proof of payment
After the reception of your email we will send you a reply confirming your place in the retreat and with information relating to the retreat. If you don't receive our reply please contact us.
- If your retreat is canceled until the 1st of August you will receive a full reimbursement of the retreat minus an administration fee of 50 euros plus fee for the international bank transference. After this date we won’t make any reimbursements.
- If the event is canceled due to an unexpected reason, Ser Integral: Centro Português de Mindfulness, will provide a reimbursement of 100% of the value paid for the retreat, but we won’t be responsible for any other costs (i.e., travelling and accommodation) associated with your participation in the retreat.
- The retreat will occur with a minimum and maximum number of participants (limited places available). In the eventuality of the retreat not having the minimum registrations established Se Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will have to cancel the event.
- Please bring confortable clothing, a meditation cushion, yoga mat and blankets for your own comfort in the practice room.
- The program is subject to minor changes according to the needs met during the retreat.
What do previous participants have to say about their experience on other retreats organized by Ser Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness?
"Thank you so much for organizing this retreat in Braga, it was a true gift for me and I got so much out of it...words cannot even describe. The organization was excellent, I loved the monastery and Paul and Anna were wonderful teachers!" - Myrto Legaki, Greece (2017)
"I flew from Denmark and joined a 5-day silent retreat organised by Ser Integral in Porto. The retreat place was perfect and I was very impressed by the genuine care of the organisers. They were truly helpful, professional, attentive and loving throughout the whole event. We stayed in single rooms and having this privacy was very helpful for me to extend deepening the silence. And if you are wondering, the food was great as well!:) I am looking forward to coming back for more retreats." Esen, Denmark (2017)
Our events are displayed on Eventslist.org