A 6-Week Online Program
Making Peace: Mindfulness & Reconciliation
with Bob Stahl & Jan Landry
12 October - 16 November 2021
As our meditation practice matures, we understand the importance of relinquishing opinions, grudges, judgments and resentments through honest reconciliation that may lead to deep healing. Since this is not always easy to do, we can develop practices that help us discover the liberating experience of authentic reconciliation that leads to greater understanding and peace.
This program will guide us toward our capacity to live fully in the present and to meet life with openness and reconciliation. It is pertinent for anyone wanting to heal their heart and make peace with themselves and others. We will focus and inquire on self-reconciliation – the harm we have brought to ourselves through feelings of shame, unworthiness or deficiency and then explore reconciliation to those we’ve hurt, to those who’ve hurt us, and reconciliation with the “way things are” in our life. This program will include talks on loving kindness and reconciliation as well as silent and guided meditations, and small and large group discussion.
Dates: 12 October - 16 November 2021
5.30pm - 7.30pm (GMT)
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Bob Stahl, PhD, has founded eight Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programs in medical centers in the SF Bay Area and is currently offering programs at Dominican Hospital, El Camino Hospitals in Los Gatos and Mt. View, and Good Samaritan Hospital. He serves as a Senior Teacher for Brown University Mindfulness Center and the Oasis Institute for Mindfulness-Based Professional Education and Training at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Bob teachers MBSR Teacher Trainings and Insight Meditation retreats worldwide and is the guiding teacher at Insight Santa Cruz and a visiting teacher at Spirit Rock. He is coauthor of 5 books: A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, LivingWith Your Heart Wide Open,Calming the Rush of Panic, AMindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook for Anxiety, and MBSR Everyday.
For Dharma Talks with Bob Stahl follow the link: https://www.dharmaseed.org/teacher/268/
Jan Landry, BSN MA, has worked in the field of hospice care both as a nurse and as a chaplain, for over 30 years. Her work in the field of death and dying, serves as an ongoing reminder of how precious each and every moment of life is, and informs her meditation practice which has developed and deepened over many years. She is a yoga practitioner, a student of the Ridhwan School and of life. As a teacher of mindfulness meditation, she hopes to support others in cultivating a practice of mindfulness that fosters awareness and deep listening to the inner wisdom of one’s own heart.
250 euros (participants registering in individual name)
250 euros + 23% VAT (for participants registering through companies)
- You will need to have a quiet space where you will not be interrupted, and which has enough room for you to be able to stand and stretch or lie down for some of the practices
- Participation will be via your computer (Windows Mac or Linux) with interactive audio, video and chat. This online course requires high speed Internet access and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate equipment and Internet connection
- Technical requirements:
High-speed internet connection
Video cam (built-in or external)
Audio microphone (built-in or external)
- It is the participant’s responsibility to complete the required technical tests on their computer and to test the Internet connection they will be using throughout the course. For those participants who plan to participate from the workplace, please note that it might be necessary to involve your IT department or consultant to determine how to meet the following technical requirements.
Please complete all the following steps to ensure you can successfully join the online course .
Download Zoom (video conference program) by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/download
Click here for a PDF on how to install Zoom
Ensure you have operational headphones/earphones – required to limit feedback
Test your headphones/earphones with the computer you will be using
Test your camera and microphone by clicking here or by clicking on https://zoom.us/test
The limit date for registration is the 1 October 2021. After this date we won’t accept any further registrations.
The number of places is limited, so we advise your registration as soon as possible.
To register in the retreat use the box below for payment:
- After the reception of your email we will send you a reply confirming your place in the program and with information relating to the program including the ZOOM link to enter the virtual retreat class will be send closer to the program. If you don't receive our reply please contact us.
- If your registration is canceled until the 21st September you will receive a full reimbursement of the retreat minus an administration fee of 50 euros plus fee for the international bank transference. After this date we won’t make any reimbursements.
- If the event is canceled due to an unexpected reason, Ser Integral: Centro Português de Mindfulness, will provide a reimbursement of 100% of the value paid for the program, but we won’t be responsible for any other costs associated with your participation in the program.
- The program will occur with a minimum and maximum number of participants (limited places available). In the eventuality of the program does not meet the minimum registrations established Se Integral: Portuguese Center for Mindfulness will have to cancel the event.
- Please you need to have confortable clothing, a meditation cushion/chair, yoga mat and blankets for your own comfort.
- The program is subject to minor changes according to the needs met during the weeks.